Wednesday, July 20

Embellished Fragments

In my last post I wrote of a path I was exploring but I now find I'm exploring more than one path simultaneously. One such path which I would like to call Embellished Fragments has begun with this first piece.
Bits and pieces of silk and cotton some dyed with tea, others used for hand pieced patchwork and embroidered wisdom have come together in the creation of Fear Less.

Would you buy something like this? You might ask - what purpose Fear Less serves? To which I would answer - its a fragment - frame it, incorporate it into a quilt or just keep it in a drawer or folded and kept in your purse so you can touch, read and ponder the meaning of the words embroidered on the fragment.
I leave on a project tomorrow- (yet another path!) I'll be back in the first week of August.

4 comments:

Jeannette said...

Excellent words to live by & beautifully stitched.

Cassy said...

Nice sayings. Anything done with love is beautiful.

Cassy from Rock Guitar Lessons

Anonymous said...

It's fantastic. Apparently so simple that it seems to have come into the world that way. I love the words. The muted colors make the whole piece understated. Bravo.

Sandra said...

Beautiful creation, more with the saying, very meaningful.

Yep, looks like something I would buy, but I think is pretty enough to back it and leave it like that.

ShareThis