Friday, May 25

Book Making Workshop

A two day book making workshop and the venue was a hop skip and jump away which was great.
Aditi Babel of Babel Books who conducted the workshop with the artists books she has created.
Discussing the intricacies of book making. 
Precision is the key. An accordion book made by one of the participants. 
All manner of accordion books. Should have asked the peron who made them to open them up before I photographed them.
I explored the concept of a flag book .The theme was Maps - a storyboard for my next collection of scarves.
Detail of the flag book. 
I must go buy some paper in colours drawn from my colour palette which is more earthy  and create an artists book on the theme of maps. It would compliment the collection of scarves. OMG  a light bulb moment! probably prompted by the Johnnie Walker Diamond Jubilee story which I read about in the Mint this morning. 
Here's a little excerpt
'Each of the bottles comes with a pair of Cumbria Crystal glasses engraved by Philip Lawson Johnston and a commemorative artifact book, hand bound by Laura West at her Isle of Skye bindery and personalized for each owner by Sally Magnum,calligrapher by appointment to her Majesty.'
Which means each of my scarves would have a little artists book to go with it.Such grandiose plans, lets see if I can make it happen. Have to set myself high standards :) 
Have a great weekend. Will you be watching the IPL finals on Sunday night? Which team are you rooting for? 

1 comment:

pumpernickel said...

Love the flag book and can't wait to see it go with your exquisite scarves.

ShareThis